Chilli coriander fried rice is a blazing combination of red and green chillies with green coriander leaves not only makes this rice a treat for the eyes but also for the taste. Enjoy this aromatic, easy and quick fried rice recipe as main course with green salads.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups long grained rice
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 whole fresh red chilli, sliced
- 1 green chilli, sliced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cabbage
- 3 tsp freshly chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onions
- 4 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Take a bowl, put rice in it and wash it thoroughly. Now soak it in water for 30 minutes.
- Drain the water and move the rice to a cooking pan. Place it on simmer flame and add 4 cups of water, salt to taste and 2 tbsp oil.
- When the water gets absorbed by the rice, turn off the heat. Make sure that rice is not overcooked.
- If you feel that the rice is cooked 90%, even when there is water, remove from heat, drain out the extra water and cover the pan with a lid.
- Let the rice cool down completely.
- Take a saucepan and heat 2 tbsp of oil in it. Add garlic and saute for a few seconds.
- Add spring onions, cabbage, sliced red and green chillies, and carrots. Cook it for a few minutes.
- Add coriander leaves, rice, soya sauce, black pepper and salt to it and mix well. Serve it hot.