Indian Vegetable Soup is very healthy soup and always a nutritious and satisfying at any time. Specially in winter time vegetable soup will be the perfect to have it. It is very less time consuming and a healthy soup.
- 1/2 teaspoon – cumin seed
- 5 – Cloves
- 1 – Bay leaf
- 1/2 cup – peeled and chopped carrots
- 1 – Potato (peeled and diced)
- 1/4 cup – Green beans
- 1/4 cup – celery chopped (optional)
- 1 cup – cabbage chopped
- 1-1/2 cup – tomato chopped
- 1/4 cup – corn kernels
- 3 cups of water
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat, Add the cumin seeds as they crack add carrots, potatoes, green beans, bay leaf, cloves, and salt, cook, stirring, for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add corn, cabbage, celery, tomato and 3 cups of water, after it comes to boil turn down the heat to low medium.
- Cover and let it cook for approx 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the black pepper powder and lemon juice. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper as needed.