Bread Upma is a good tasty recipe to be served as breakfast. Bread Upma, can be done with 1-2 days old bread and your choice of vegetables.
- 3-4 bread slices
- 1 – Onion finely chopped
- 2 – Tomatoes finely chopped
- ¼ tsp – mustard seeds
- Few leaves of curry patta
- 1tbsp – oil
- 1 – green chilli cut in small pieces
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp – turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp – coriander powder
- ¼ tsp – red chilli powder
- For garnishing – coriander leaves (finely Chopped)
- In a pan put oil, let it heat then add mustard seeds and curry patta and green chilli.
- Stir for a min till mustard seeds splutter.
- Put chopped onion pieces and let them turn bit pink.
- Then put cut tomato pieces and stir again for a min.
- Next put 1cup of water, stir and add salt and other spices.
- Let it cook for few minutes till tomatoes soften. While its still watery break bread pieces by hand and put in the pan.
- Stir it and bread would take up all the water making it soft.
- Stir some more till it comes to required thick consistency.
- Bread upma is ready, serve it in plate. Put coriander leaves to garnish and serve hot.
you can add ginger garlic paste with onion and add some more vegetables if you prefer.
I have kept it mild but you can increase the chilli if you want it more hot. This above recipe serves one. Increase quantities if you want to make more.
There is a dry upma method too and in that no tomatoes or water is used but it’s too dry so I prefer the one with gravy.
Originally Posted By Meena