Tomato soup recipes are the favorite recipes of all age groups because of the taste, flavor and color of tomato soup. Hot tomato soup on a cold winters day feels good. Although you can have this tomato soup in summer as well, it is that good. And it’s very healthy for you as well. This fresh and simple Indian style tomato soup recipe is perfect for making tomato soup.
- 8 Tomatoes (medium size)
- 3-1/2 cups Water
- 1/2 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Bay leaf and cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp Ginger-garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Cream for garnishing
- Put the tomatoes in a saucepan with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook until tomatoes become tender. You can also pressure cook it (wait for 2 whistles and then switch off the gas).
- Make tomato puree in an electric blender. Add water and strain it to remove the seeds and tomato skin.
- Heat butter in a pan.
- Add black pepper powder, red chilli powder, bay leaf and cumin powder, ginger-garlic paste and salt.
- Add tomato puree, bring to boil and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat .
- Serve hot. Garnish it with cream separately in each bowl.